I got a new TV. How do I program my backlight remote?
If you get a new TV, you will need to do the following steps to program your remote with the TV. The remote is already preprogrammed to your Set Top Box (STB).
1. Turn on your TV.
2. On the remote control, press the TV
button once (top left side of the remote); it will blink once. Then press and hold SETUP
until the TV
button blinks twice.
3. Type 9 9 1
. The TV
button will blink twice.
4. Aim the remote control at the TV and press the POWER
button once. The TV
button will light up.
5. Press and release the CH+
key continuously, then stop when the TV turns off. This may take two minutes or more.
6. Press POWER
. The TV should turn on, then press SETUP
once to lock in the code. The TV
button will blink twice to indicate that the code is saved.
Note: If the TV does not turn on during step 6, then slowly press and release the CH-
key to go back through the codes, then press SETUP
when the TV turns on.
7. Check to see if the volume and mute buttons are working.
8. To search for the codes of your other devices, repeat steps 1 through 6, but substitute the appropriate key (VCR, DVD, AUD, or STB)
for the device you wish to program.